The holiday season is synonymous with savory and sweet foods, and if you’re like us, you spent more than your fair share cooking at home during the past several days. Between roasting asparagus, reheating leftovers, and baking endless sets of sugar cookies, your baking sheets were likely your go-to cooking tool. Needless to say, it’s safe to assume that they are now in need of serious TLC.
So, the next time you clean up your kitchen, why not deep clean your baking pans? Deep cleaning your pans periodically will help extend their life, so you can continue to use them for years to come. Plus, eliminating built-up grime and cooked-on stains can give your family peace of mind that you’re using the cleanest possible equipment to prepare your meals.
You’ll need to gather a few cleaning supplies before undertaking this task. Luckily, you can find most of them at your local dollar store!
• Baking soda
• Hydrogen peroxide
• Spray bottle
• Scrubber sponge
• Steel wool (optional)
Once you’ve gathered your supplies, you’re ready to clean your baking sheets. For the cleanest possible baking sheets, follow these simple steps at home:
1. Sprinkle baking soda liberally over the baking sheet, concentrating on any areas with visible stains or grime.
2. Pour hydrogen peroxide into an empty spray bottle or replace the cap of the hydrogen peroxide bottle with a spray top. Spritz hydrogen peroxide onto the baking soda until covered.
3. Top with more baking soda and spritz again with hydrogen peroxide.
4. Let the mixture sit for at least 4 hours. If desired, allow sitting overnight.
5. Use a scrubber sponge to remove the baking soda mixture from the baking sheet, rubbing to remove stains as you go. You may need to dip the sponge in water to loosen up the dried baking soda. Keep going until the stain is eliminated – and don’t get discouraged if this takes a bit of elbow grease! Once most of the stains have been removed, rinse the baking sheet thoroughly.
6. If a few stubborn stains remain, try using steel wool to scrub them away (always wear gloves when working with steel wool). Rinse and wash the baking sheet before using.
Improve your daily life with help from Brookstone Park Apartments in Covington, Louisiana. By passing along this information, we hope to provide you with all that you need to live your life to the fullest.