Have you been meeting all your macros during the work week? It’s easy to lose track, whether you forget to bring a lunch or eat out too many times with your closest office buddies. Nonetheless, it’s important to make sure you incorporate the proper nutrition in your diet. Some staples in your kitchen, like steel-cut oats, can help you do just that. Start with this Hearty Oat Porridge recipe, for example. This cinnamon-infused, slightly sweet comfort food is easy to make and even easier to store in your refrigerator. If you want to shake it up each day, consider adding toppings, such as Greek yogurt, nut butter, or additional fresh fruit. Get started with the ingredients list and directions below.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a slow cooker, combine the apple juice, water, almond milk, cinnamon and allspice and whisk.
- Add the steel-cut oats and millet and stir, then cover and set on low.
- Cook the oat porridge for 7 hours.
- When the mixture is thick, remove the lid and stir to mix well, then stir in the berries.
Brookstone Park Apartments in Covington, Louisiana