New year, new you? If you are like most people, you might be considering how to make 2021 your best year yet – or, at least, better than 2020! When it comes to resolutions, healthy eating often tops our lists. It can be hard, though, to locate recipes that are both healthy and delicious, and simple enough to incorporate into our busy routines. Luckily, this recipe for Healthy Salmon Patties fits the bill, and it’s easy on your wallet, too!
Check out the must-try recipe below:
• 1 large egg
• 1 (15-ounce) can salmon drained
• 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for serving
• 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Lemon wedges, for serving
1. In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the drained salmon to the bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, Greek yogurt, Dijon, white vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne. With a fork, lightly mix to combine, breaking apart the salmon further. Gently stir in the parsley.
2. Scoop the mixture by 1/3 cupfuls and shape into 6 patties that are about 1/2 inch thick. Arrange on a plate.
3. In a large cast-iron or similar sturdy-bottomed skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium. Swirl to coat.
4. Brown the patties on both sides, until the outsides are very deep golden brown, and the patties are cooked through about 5 to 6 minutes total. When flipping the patties, be very gentle and use a long, flexible spatula, such as a fish spatula.
5. Enjoy immediately, topped with Greek yogurt, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Brookstone Park Apartments in Covington, Louisiana, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!