Chicken is a cornerstone of many people’s healthy diets. Rich in lean protein, chicken is a versatile ingredient that can be added to nearly any dish or eaten on its own. However, if not prepared correctly, some chicken varieties can be dryer or less flavorful than you’d like. Fortunately, there’s an easy fix: simply marinade the chicken in this delicious mix beforehand! This recipe is so good, we think it’s safe to say that It's the only Chicken Marinade recipe you’ll need for the rest of the summer.
• 2 pounds chicken breasts, tenders, or thighs
• 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
• 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Pierce chicken breasts with a fork all over. Place in a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken.
3. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Four to five hours is ideal.
4. Remove chicken from a plastic bag when you’re ready to cook it on the grill, in the oven, or on the range. Enjoy!
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Brookstone Park Apartments in Covington, Louisiana, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!